Staying true to being one of the most consistent rising artist out of the midwest, Matty Wood$ of St. Louis releases the highly anticipated video for his single “Good Morning”. The single didn’t make the newest project “I’ll Be Fine” but the track was too hot for him not to drop. Shot in the Mountains of Denver, Colorado Tyris Films & the rest of the 2200 Camp came together to create their visual display. Be sure to check out The Backwood Bandits newest visual “Good Morning” and let us know what you think in the comment section below.
We got the chance to sit down with the owners of new St. Louis clothing brand “Woodlands” to try to get a better understanding of who they are and what their brand represents.
What kind of brand are you? ( like skateboard, designer, high fashion etc)
- We are purely a skate & smoker clothing brand
Who is your target audience?
- We hope to reach out to all skaters,smokers and anyone who wants to be about promoting positivity & growth for themselves and others around them.
How did you come up with the name?
- It’s a plural for woods & trees and we consider ourselves a smokers club, so wanted a nice name for our club.
- We smoke a lot of backwoods & weed so we wanted to come up with any word for “trees” so we came up with woodlands.
How far do you plan to take your brand?
- We plan to make Woodlands a worldwide known brand with very select vendors to distribute it.
- We want to bring light to the St. Louis skateboarding scene, and also to other creative scenes like music, art, and photography.
- In the future once we’ve established our foot within the city and nation wide we would like to do certain releases to raise money for St. Louis public schools.
- Eventually we would like to build our own street skatepark in the city for more kids to be encourage to get up and go skate.
Be sure to visit their site below to purchase their fly gear.
Whether it’s his unique style of layering or his catchy rhythms, Matty Wood$ is an artist to keep an eye on. The St. Louis rapper started to gain a strong buzz around the city after his debut music video for the hit song Bruce Wayne shot and edited by directer Cory Miller. The video currently has over 3hundred thousand plays and counting. Matty Wood$’s music is definitely one for the stoners and the rockstars to enjoy.
I’ve known Matty for a few years now and I pretty much got to see first hand the transitions Matty has made. You step in the booth with Matty then he’ll roll up a few backwoods and thats when the magic happens. Stay tuned to Matty and his career and be on the look out for any new releases. You never know, you may get blessed this 4/20.